Dear AKLU Members –
We hope your March is off to a good start. The AKLU board wants to check in with all of you and share some updates and reminders.
First, a celebration, in February AKLU received notice from the IRS that our 501(c)3 status was approved. This allowed us to open a formal bank account and adopt accounting software at nonprofit rates. Once all the information is loaded, we will share financial information with all of you.
Second, MEMBER BENEFITS, we want to make sure you are getting the most out of your AKLU membership. So please take advantage of any and all of these offers (Note: we share a read-only list of member names with our affiliates so they can verify membership for discounts):
Competition discounts – $10 off registration
- Ballistic Bells 4th Annual Competition – April 13th – Alto, MI – $45 before March 25 (that’s $35 to AKLU members)
- Windy City Invitational – May 25th – Chicago, IL – $50 before May 1 (that’s $40 to AKLU members)
- Bell Slingers Open at the Worlds Sports Expo, June 8, 2019 – Georgia Kettlebell Sport, Atlanta, GA – $75 before May 14 (that’s $65 to AKLU members)
- Kettlemania – Aug 3 & 4 – Chicago, IL – $75 before June 1 (that’s $65 to AKLU members)
- Bells of Fire – September – Charlotte, NC – Information coming soon
- IKFF Worlds – October 26 – Novi, MI – Information coming soon
Other member benefits:
- AKLU shirt with your first year’s membership – Most shirts were shipped last week; batch two will hit the post on Tuesday (tomorrow)
- AKLU Lifters Book (these will come with your shirts)
- Members-Only Facebook Group – join us here for exclusive conversations
- Discounts on coaching from Doug Seamans – (25% first 3 months)
- 20% off Kettlebell Gains Apparel
Third, continue to spread the word about AKLU and to let us know how we can support you, the lifter. We love seeing your posts on social media – so keep those up #aklu #fortheliftersbythelifters.
Fourth, and finally, lifters who are interested in representing the US and competing internationally will need to work with the American Kettlebell Alliance (AKA) for World Kettlebell Sport Federation (WKSF) and their competition in Ireland in May or United States Kettlebell Lifting (USKL) for International Union of Kettlebell Lifting (IUKL) and their competition in Serbia in November.
- AKA held their qualifier at the Arnold Sports Expo in Columbus, OH the weekend of March 1 – 3.
- USKL will hold their qualifier in Ann Arbor this June 8th.
- AKLU is not actively affiliated with AKA or USKL, but our board member Tina Yerkes is on the WKSF North American Commission.
- Further, we are committed to working with our members to navigate the qualification and travel process.
Thank you for reading all the way to the end 🙂
Doug, Richard, Jenn, Sarah, & Tina